Singapore’s first FACT-Netcord and AABB accredited cord blood bank with a successful transplant track record
Child Development Account (CDA)
How you can pay for Cord Blood Banking through the Child Development Account (CDA)*?
At Cordlife, you can pay for our cord blood banking packages through your child’s CDA.
The CDA comprises of two benefits - CDA First Step Grant and Government Dollar-for-Dollar Matching.
The CDA First Step Grant is a grant of $5,000 for eligible Singaporean children born on or after 14 Feb 2023. The amount will be deposited into the CDA account 3 weeks after the account is opened.
Parents who continue to save beyond this initial amount will enjoy the Government Dollar-for-Dollar Matching as follows:
|Child Order||CDA Benefits||Total CDA Benefits from Government|
|CDA First Step||Dollar-for-Dollar Matching|
|Up to $4,000
|Up to $9,000|
|Up to $7,000
|Up to $12,000|
|3rd & 4th
|Up to $9,000||Up to $14,000|
|Up to $15,000||Up to $20,000|
Figures in red reflect post-enhancement amounts. Increases are indicated in brackets.
The amount from the Government Dollar-for-Dollar Matching will be deposited into your child’s CDA the following month.
For example, if you deposit $500 into the CDA in February 2023, the Government will deposit the matching amount of $500 the following month.
This can be used to fund the initial upfront payment of your cord blood banking package.
[To note] Parents of children born from 14 February to 31 December 2023:
- You will continue to receive the existing CDA First Step Grant in 2023 and be notified when the enhanced amounts are disbursed in 2024.
- You can save up to the current CDA co-matching caps in 2023. Savings in excess of the current co-matching caps will not be matched.
- You will be notified in 2024 when you can make the additional deposits to save up to the enhanced CDA co-matching cap.
For more information on CDA, please visit www.babybonus.msf.gov.sg or ask our friendly consultants today!
*A child is eligible to apply for CDA if he/she is:
- Born on or after 24 March 2016, and
- A Singapore citizen or become a citizen before 12 years old.